Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Which ACT book should I buy?

I have been in this situation many, many times myself. I am at the bookstore looking at what seems to be an entire wall of test prep books. Each one I pull from the shelf has a brightly colored cover with phrases like Proven Techniques!, Higher Score Guaranteed!,  or Learn Everything While You Sleep!

The truth is, ACT and SAT is a huge industry, and many companies want to trick innocent high school students into buying their books, so they'll do whatever it takes to get you to spend money on their product. Having been an ACT tutor for years, I have leafed through just about every prep book on the market and here is what I have discovered: Just about every practice test I have seen is a rewritten version of an actual exam offered by the real ACT.


So, save yourself some time and just go with the Real ACT Prep Guide. Consider every other version a Folex: it may look real, but in the end, the screws fall out and you end up wondering why you spent your money in the first place. In redesigning the questions, the counterfeit test writers lose some of the original intent and content that the real ACT writers had originally intended.

If you are interested in additional practice materials, please send an e-mail to ACTsecrets@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This article information was so nice. Which is very much useful for me and impressed by reading.

    GMAT practice test atlanta | GRE Test Prep Classes in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete